By Theodore E. Brown, H. Eugene LeMay, Bruce E. Bursten, Catherine Murphy, Patrick Woodward, Matthew E. Stoltzfus
The depended on, leading edge, calibrated leader–now tightly–integrated with MasteringChemistry® .
Unrivaled difficulties, extraordinary clinical accuracy and forex, and memorable readability have made Chemistry: The crucial Science the best basic chemistry textual content for greater than a decade. depended on, cutting edge, and calibrated, the textual content raises conceptual realizing and scholar luck quite often chemistry by means of construction at the services of the dynamic writer staff of major researchers and award-winning professors.
The new Thirteenth Edition builds at the 12th Edition’s significant revision, within which each note and piece of artwork used to be scrutinized through all of the authors to extend its effectiveness. putting a better emphasis on learn, this variation is extra tightly built-in with MasteringChemistry, the prime on-line homework, instructional, and evaluate program— leading to an remarkable educating and studying package deal that personalizes studying and coaches scholars towards knowing and mastery of tricky chemistry themes.
This application provides a greater educating and studying experience—for you and your scholars. It offers:
- Superior help past the study room with MasteringChemistry: scholars make the most of customized, interactive studying via MasteringChemistry’s self-paced tutorials that advisor them in the course of the text’s so much hard themes; supply speedy, particular suggestions; and preserve scholars engaged and heading in the right direction.
- Enhanced studying from a dynamic writer group of major researchers and award-winning professors: each one member of this well-respected writer group brings their services in quite a lot of parts to the pages of this well known textual content. All authors were energetic researchers and feature taught common chemistry for lots of years.
- Improved conceptual realizing via stepped up, proper pedagogy: scholars get various possibilities to check their wisdom via think about it (GIST) workouts, pass determine questions, and a better glance essays, now built-in with clicker questions and in MasteringChemistry.
- Invaluable aids that ascertain problem-solving success: By utilizing a constant approach, a different Analyze/Plan/Solve/Check structure, dual-column problem-solving technique in convinced components, a brand new perform workout following every one labored instance, and the thoughts in Chemistry function, scholars are put on definitely the right course from the very begin to excel at challenge fixing and comprehension.
- Clarity via visualization from a number of views, together with macroscopic, microscopic, and symbolic: incorporated are Visualizing innovations routines, with versions, graphs, and different visible fabrics; pattern workouts with molecular illustrations; and conceptual questions within the end-of-chapter questions.
Note: You are deciding to buy a standalone product; MasteringChemistry doesn't come packaged with this content material. if you want to buy both the actual textual content and MasteringChemistry look for ISBN-10: 0321864409/ISBN-13: 9780321864406. That package deal contains ISBN-10: 0321910419/ISBN-13: 9780321910417 and ISBN-10: 0321934245/ISBN-13: 9780321934246.
MasteringChemistry isn't really a self-paced expertise and may in simple terms be bought while required by way of an instructor.
Read or Download Chemistry: The Central Science (13th Edition) PDF
Best general & reference books
This is often the 3rd of 5 books within the Amino Acids, Peptides and Proteins in natural Synthesis series. ultimate a spot within the literature, this is often the single sequence to hide this significant subject in natural and biochemistry. Drawing upon the mixed services of the foreign "who's who" in amino acid learn, those volumes signify a true benchmark for amino acid chemistry, delivering a entire dialogue of the incidence, makes use of and functions of amino acids and, by way of extension, their polymeric varieties, peptides and proteins.
Chemistry: The learn of topic and Its alterations, 6th version will give you the worthwhile perform, help and individualised guideline that guarantees luck within the basic Chemistry direction. this article offers the discussion board for challenge fixing and thought mastery of chemical phenomena that results in skillability and good fortune within the basic Chemistry path.
Content material: bankruptcy 1 Electrochemical cleavage of metal—carbon bonds (pages 1–24): C. J. PickettChapter 2 Heterolytic cleavage of major workforce metal—carbon bonds (pages 25–149): Michael H. Abraham and Priscilla L. GrellierChapter three Homolytic cleavage of metal—carbon bonds: teams I to V (pages 151–218): Philip J.
This distinctive treatise is written for chemists who're no longer NMR spectroscopists yet who desire to use carbon-13 NMR spectroscopy. It indicates why dimension of carbon-13 NMR is required and explains how the tactic can - or may still - be used for swift characterization of flavonoids, some of the most diversified and common teams of average components.
- Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis: Catalytic Oxidation Reagents
- Chemistry for Changing Times (12th Edition)
- Better Looking, Better Living, Better Loving
- Colorants for Non-Textile Applications
Additional resources for Chemistry: The Central Science (13th Edition)
Experienced teachers know that students who read the relevant sections of the text before coming to a class learn more from the class and retain greater recall. “Cramming” just before an exam has been shown to be an ineffective way to study any subject, chemistry included. So now you know. How important to you in this competitive world is a good grade in chemistry? Focus your study. The amount of information you will be expected to learn can sometimes seem overwhelming. It is essential to recognize those concepts and skills that are particularly important.
Grimsrud Montana State University John Hagadorn University of Colorado Randy Hall Louisiana State University John M. Halpin New York University Marie Hankins University of Southern Indiana Robert M. Hanson St. Olaf College Daniel Haworth Marquette University Inna Hefley Blinn College David Henderson Trinity College Paul Higgs Barry University Carl A. Hoeger University of California, San Diego Gary G. Hoffman Florida International University Deborah Hokien Marywood University Robin Horner Fayetteville Tech Community College Roger K.
Finally, some instructors like to cover organic chemistry (Chapter 24) right after bonding (Chapters 8 and 9). This, too, is a largely seamless move. We have brought students into greater contact with descriptive organic and inorganic chemistry by integrating examples throughout the text. You will find pertinent and relevant examples of “real” chemistry woven into all the chapters to illustrate principles and applications. Some chapters, of course, more directly address the “descriptive” properties of elements and their compounds, especially Chapters 4, 7, 11, 18, and 22–24.